Sunday, March 22, 2009

Two girls



Today was a special day for my daughter. My DH & I are so proud of her. She will be graduating from college in a few short weeks at the top of her class. I wish I would have taken a tape recorder to all her awards programs. All of her professors have bragged to me about her accomplishments. What a well rounded outstanding student she is. It is alway wonderful to hear you have a great kid, makes me think I did something right in my parenting skills.
Dr. DeGaris is head of the sport management program at the college and presented one of her awards to her today. He related Megan's accomplishments as her being the No.#1 draft pick of 2009. My dh being a sports fanatic thought this was great. Here she with all her hardware. One award was for top GPA in the business department and the other one was outstanding leadership in the undergraduate business program. Congratulations, Megan!


I did manage to stitch on CHS Mary Margaret. I wanted to share with you my progress. It isn't much but I have been playing catch up at work. Payroll had to be processed, claim checks had to be mailed not mention other daily task that have to be done yada, yada, yada. Anyhoo, I am using 32ct. Autumn Gold with NPI, this picture does not show the true color of the fabric. I do have Adam's head done on the A &E. I will post a picture of it later.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments.

11 comments:

Margaret said...

Huge congratulations to Megan -- you should be very proud! I hope she does well in the big world! And your Mary Margaret looks great too!

Nicole said...

Congrats to you daughter! How nice it must be to hear from others that she is doing so well! You and your dh must be so proud!

Great start on Mary Margaret - can't wait to see more! :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Congratulations to Megan and to you and your DH, Tanya! You should be proud ~ what outstanding achievements! I hope she sets the world on fire.

MM is looking great!

The Scarlett House said...

Congrats to your daughter and to the job you did as her Mom. You must be very proud.

Deb said...

Sound wonderful accomplishments for your daughter! You must be so, so proud of her!! Your Mary Margaret is looking great too!

Katrina said...

Woohoo! Huge congrats to Megan and best wishes for a wonderful career :-).

Love your Mary Margaret too!

Jan said...

That is a great pic of Megan!! She has done so well, you should be most proud!! But I know that MacKenzie is well-rounded too, both are lovely girls and you deserve a special Mommy Award!:)

MM is looking pretty!!!

Siobhán said...

Congratulations to Megan!! What a beautiful, smart girl. You have every right to be as proud as punch. :)

Your Mary Margaret looks great! I can't wait to get to stitch a head! LOL So far I'm doing the tree. I finally got my linen for my A&E and now have to hunt for my chart. I know I had it floating around, just can't remember where. Agh!

Congrats again to Megan, and to you & your husband.

Laurie in Iowa said...

How wonderful for Megan... congrats on so many awards. You must be so proud of her.

You've got a good start on Mary Margaret.

Annemarie said...

Well, no wonder you're proud of your beautiful daughter! Congratulatins to all of you :o)

And what a fabulous blog you have! I love your stitching and your choice of projects. ATS! The CHS girls! Samplers! Great!

Michelle said...

Mary Margaret looks wonderful! Congrats to Megan too - that's fabulous!!!