Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dutch Strawberries




I do have a finish TGH Dutch Strawberries on 40ct. Creme Brulee and NPI. I forgot to take a picture of my stocking. I will do that tomorrow. A lot going on here this week. It is cherry season in Indiana and I have three trees. My girls threaten to cut them down every year. Last year we picked and put away over 20 gallons. I kinda feel like the hen in story who will help me make the bread because no one likes to pick cherries but they don't have any problem eating the pies or jam. I don't mind picking, it is the pitting I don't like. I happened to find this handy dandy gizmo at the hardware store. Now it goes a lot faster with it. It can pit as faster as you can work the plunger.





We also had a bad storm roll through here Friday night. My patio furniture ended up in the side yard while I took cover in the basement. My neighbor had a huge tree blow over by the strong winds. DH had an outside fire going on and I heard the wind pick up and decided to look out. On the other side of the house I saw hot ashes in the air. Not good! I am not sure which would have been worse the house burning down or a tornado. Luckily, neither happened.




While I was out taking pictures of the damage. Tuffy thought he would visit the geese. Funny thing, they don't like Tuffy. He wanted them to come out and play duck, duck, goose and they were not up for games. In fact, I am pretty sure they would like to have held him under the water with all the hissing they were doing.



I promise to post an update on my stocking but until next time, Happy Stitching!



7 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh so pretty!!!! I love it! Did you do a conversion for this one? Lovely! Sorry about your bad weather -- sounds scary! Hope those cherries get picked and all. What kind of cherries are they? Yum!

Anonymous said...

I want to stitch this one so bad...I'm going to have to break down and buy this pattern...I don't have it yet. I love yours...gorgeous!
We haven't had storms, but if looks can tell it looks like one is whipping up right now outside my window :o(
Have a great week and can't wait for the Stocking Update!

Love to Stitch said...

Ooh I love this one!! Such a simple little piece, but so much depth!! Your Love Letters is really coming along too!! Enjoy those cherries! They are gonna be GREAT!!

Jan said...

Strawberries looks so good!!The colors turned out great!!

We sure have had some rocky weather, huh? Glad to hear the fire didn't cause any problems for you!

Aww..cherry pickin time!! Love this, wondering if the crop is good? Bet it is with all of the rain we have had! You know I will take ANY off your hands at any time...now that said, I should come and help with the picking and pitting, right?:)

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on the finish!! Woohoo! I want to stitch this one so badly. Your blog header pic is gorgeous!

Melissa said...

Lovely Dutch Strawberries! I have this one on my to-stitch list.

Yum, I love cherries (but not all that work!). Hope the weather improves soon.

Bertie said...

Love the strawberry's, very nice finish, have it in the stash, but so many wip's.

Did you enjoy the cherrie's? Hope the storm did not to do much damage, looks wonderful where you live.